RENEWAL OF SOCIETIES UNDER SOCIETY REGISTRATION ACT XXI OF 1860
Prior to 12-07-1996 the validity was not given in the registration certificate. It was introduced from the year 1996 by the then Registrar Shri Biswajit Bordoloi and for the purpose the Director of Printing and Stationery was requested to print some important provision of the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 along with validity in the body of the registration certificate.
Prior to 20-12-2001 the procedure of renewal of certificate of registration of society was not introduced as the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 is quite silent in this regard in respect of Assam. It was introduced in Assam from 2001 as per Govt. instructions issued vide letter No.FTX.185/2001/63 dated 20-12-2001.
Validity of certificate of registration is issued for a period of 3 (three) years. Hence, renewal is being done after 3 (three) years.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PROCESSING RENEWAL OF A SOCIETY
- Application for renewal.
- A photo copy of the registration certificate along with the original registration certificate.
- A list of members of the Executive committee with their full name (in block letter), address and occupation.
- Relevant resolution of the General Body meeting for the purpose.
- Certificate of authentication by three members of the outgoing Executive Committee, whose signatures shall be attested by a gazetted officer.
- Attested photocopy of the latest annual balance sheet (along with the original, which will be returned after verification).
- Attested photocopy of the latest audit report (along with the original, which will be returned after verification) from a Chartered Accountant or a Government auditor, as accepted by the Annual General Meeting of the society (This document is to be submitted to the Registrar within 30 days from the date of the Annual General Meeting, accepting it.
- Attested photocopy of the utilisation certificate (along with the original, which will be returned after verification) on the utilisation of Government / Semi-Government / any institutional fund by the society (in case of a society, which had received any such fund during the period, prior to the date of the renewal application).
- Renewal fee. Rs.25.00 (rupees twenty five) only per year from the date of expiry of the validity of the original registration certificate to be deposited through Treasury Challan under the head of account-”1475- Other General Economic Services-Fees under Societies Registration Act. 1860, Renewal under Act.XXI-1860”.
- Specimen signature with full name and date of all new Executive members (including the new President / new Secretary, if any) on a plain paper, signed in the presence of the Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Sub Divisional Officer / Revenue Circle Officer of the concerned district / sub division / revenue circle, who will sign on that paper with full-name in block letter, date and designation in token of his having witnessed the same.
- A brief report (in original) from the Deputy Commissioner / Sub-Divisional Officer of the concerned district / sub-division of the activities of the society during the preceding three years from the date of the renewal application.
- Photocopies of all pages of the Bank Pass-Book of the society (along with the original,which will be returned after verification).
- Cash book (in original, which will be returned after verification) of the society, relating to the preceding three years, pending the date of the renewal application.
- Attested passport size photos of the President and Secretary (attested by a gazetted officer of the photo, below the face.
- Dag Number, Patta Number and Proof of ownership of the society on the land of its Office, in case of a society, making such claim.
- An affidavit from the house owner with the proof of his ownership, in case of a society’s office is housed in a rented building.
- An annual report since the date of registration.